Financial Management Essentials for Non-Financial Professionals
Nov 29, 2023 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Live, Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
Wednesday & Thursday, November 29th & 30th, 2023
3-5 PM (ET), 12-2 PM (PT)
This live course will cover the financial management essentials of the construction business for project leaders and nonfinancial managers to enable them to track and interpret financials throughout a construction project’s life cycle. The content covers detailed elements for financial tracking, monitoring, communicating, and adjusting as the construction project evolves while also carefully balancing budget and forecasting financials. Attendees will be provided with a solid understanding of the essential financial aspects of managing any project to ensure its successful conclusion.
After completing this session, you will be able to:
- Understand the risks that need to be managed for the steps of the project life cycle
- Apply the recommendations for managing contract billing for positive outcomes
- Integrate job cost systems to capture and project costs to align with the budget
- Employ recommendations for successful change order management to maintain construction project profitability
- Implement the steps of project forecasting and managing a project forecast meeting
- Calculate percent complete and earned revenue
- Describe the purposes and components of financial statements and implement rules that apply to each statement
- Identify the interested parties of financial statement information
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-live program at the Basic Level. No prerequisites or advanced preparation required. A basic understanding of the construction project process and/or construction financial management is recommended.
Earn 4 CPE credits in the field of Specialized Knowledge.
Earn 4 CCIFP Professional Development Credits which can be applied toward the General or Construction Knowledge Category.
CPE can only be earned by attending the live session. CPE is not available by watching the recording.
Who Should Attend
- Construction Financial Professionals
- Construction Project Managers
- Contract Administrators
- Project Accountants
- Project Engineers
- Other Construction Employees
$150 for CFMA members
$209 for non-members